Sunday, October 16, 2005

From out of the Past...


This picture, one of my Timeshots that I consider classic was taken while on a fall trip to Cliff Island, Maine back in the sixties. Marilyn (she is the one smoking the cigarette and looking at me with an odd look) and I were invited by Dave and Jane to spend a weekend with them on Cliff Island in a house that belonged to Jane's family. I am not sure what they were thinking when I took this picture. Maybe they were not thinking about anything. Now, when I look at the picture I think about how the forty odd years have changed us all. And how we are all the same too. I wish I could remember a lot more about the trip. I do remember walking all around the outside of the Island with Dave one day. We did a total circumnavigation. I don't know what Marilyn and Jane did that day. Probably hung out made small talk a while and then retreated to their own places. I know that at the end of the trip, Marilyn and I agreed that we probably wouldn't go back, but that we did have an intriguing time. And what we used to call a good go-out.

There is so much more that I could say.

No comments: